Forum Discussion

ewhitlow
New Contributor
4 months ago

Issue with time discrepancy in Helpdesk

An agent has recently pointed out that when the ticket gets updated it will state for example "updated this ticket on Jun 04, 2024 - 1:51pm" when the last update from the agent was 6/3/24 - 2:52pm. It's waiting an entire day before giving the message that the ticket has been updated. This was just brought to my attention yesterday and was seeking advice on getting this issue resolved/ bringing attention to it.

GyulaMucsi
    GoTo Contributor

Looking at the attached screenshot, aren't these two separate activities? Please let me know if I am misunderstanding.

Left: A comment saying "11:30 or 12:00 would be a good time..."

Right: The agent was assigned to the ticket.

ewhitlow
      New Contributor

You are correct that the two shown updates are "different". It was my assumption that the first comment that someone adds on a ticket, it also assigns them to the ticket immediately.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi ewhitlow, Nice to see you. I'm following up with the team on this for you.

Can you tell me if this is happening with all tickets? I want to rule out that it's not a time zone discrepancy. Thanks. 

ewhitlow
      New Contributor

As far as I'm aware it's not for all of the tickets. I presumed it was a time zone issue as well. I will check with my agent and verify.

ewhitlow
      New Contributor

It is not a time zone issue after speaking with the agent.

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

ewhitlow thanks for getting back to me, I can check with the team and see if this happened to others. 

You mentioned that it's not happening with all the tickets, was this the only ticket in which it occurred?