Forum Discussion

dstclair
Active Contributor
2 years ago

Sessions flickering when just viewing

My team and I have been experiencing issues where when accessing any PC in the company, unattended or attended, the session seems to flicker a LOT. It seems to only happen when you aren't actively clicking in the session when the session turns black and white then it flickers. Is there a way to stop this? It happens on EVERY PC so it can't just be a graphic driver issue. 

CS_HelpDesk
    2 years ago

Hi alarson-nwpump,

Here is a solution support was using. If it doesn't work, please contact them so they can further analyze this issue! 

CS_HelpDesk
    GoTo Contributor

Hi dstclair ,

Have you reached out to our support team about this issue?

If not, below are some questions for you to look into and provide this information when creating a support case:

- Is this a GoTo Resolve Desktop app session or a browser one? If via browser what is the browser you're using?

- What's the machine OS and version and graphic card info? (For both computers)

- Logs. Here is how you can retrieve a log for your Desktop App

Log files for the Desktop Console are automatically saved at the following locations:

Windows

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\GoTo\GoTo Resolve Desktop Console\Logs

Mac

/users//Library/Preferences/GoTo/GoTo Resolve Desktop Console/
    For the latest files only, you can do so by following these steps:

Open the console,

Right click

Select Export logs

Hope to have helped you getting started on finding a solution.

Best,

alarson-nwpump
      Active Contributor

I also get this issue, flickering mainly happens when not actively using the device (in view but when grayed out). When using it, might get occasional flickering. I've only been using Windows 11 with GoTo Resolve, so it may or may not be related to that.

So far, I only ever use the desktop console application:

• GoTo Resolve Desktop Console: Version 1.6.0.94
      • Windows 11: Version 22H2 (OS Build 22621.674)

I'll be back on this forum tomorrow with my graphics card information, and if I have logs where should I send that to?