Forum Discussion

psol_user
4 days ago

Reset not working 1712

I have a couple of client machines that can often get stuck. Usually if a local user RDP connected and then rather than logoff they just close the session.

On connection I am taken to the desktop login screen, after login I get restarting screen sharing and it would never get passed.

The solution in the past was always:

end session > Reset Connection > wait > Refresh > Connect again and then I would get logged in. 

This week after 1712 that is not working the desktop app always shows the machine is in a connected state, which it is not and I have tried the webconsole as well and even the option to Connect anyway and terminate their session does not work.

Any ideas?

JVH
    Active Contributor

I encountered the exact same thing this week.  Could not connect to Computer 123.   There is one user at this site that will RDP to computer 123.  What I ended up doing was connect unattended to another computer at the same site. (Computer ABC) Then use RDP myself to the computer 123 with the hung unattended session.  Reboot computer 123.   Wait a couple minutes and then check gotoassist - issue resolved.  This is the only site where I encounter this issue - gut tells me the user who is RDP'ing to this computer never disconnects from the session. 

psol_user

That is the mirror of my situation I have 2 PC's at this customer with unattended, sadly both are stuck right now (since Friday). One of the 2 is always a little trickier as it has to run a process requiring auto login so it is always logged in as the same user i will connect with, this is the only site I have the "restarting screen sharing" happen with.

https://i.imgur.com/WdBOxDL.png
      Previously if it happened the reset function always did the trick and i could get back on right now they are still showing "In Session" but they are not.

I am going to try get an attended session and see if reinstalling helps. Right now I wish I could downgrade  to 1708 as that had been working great but I could find no archive of installers

JVH
        Active Contributor

are you able to get someone at the site to reboot each of them. That might save you the hassle of doing an attended  - won't help with the reinstall of course but would get the connection back.