Forum Discussion

Bcshay
Active Contributor
9 years ago

Reports and Queues

How can I report on first response times? I am looking to see the average time or times it takes for a User to respond to a Customer Incident. Does not appear there is anyway to do this unless you guys have some sneaky way.
How can I report on resolutions times? I am looking to see the average time or times it takes to resolve Incidents.

These metrics would be very helpful as I am compiling a KPI report of our IT Service Desk for the CIO's 2015 state of the union address.

I guess what I could do is look at say exporting some CVS(s) and try using Excel to work with that data.
    Bcshay
    Active Contributor
    Thanks Daedalus. Reporting is something that needs improvement; especially for those running IT Service Desk's internally. I am also finding exporting is the best way to analyze the data.
  • Even some of the reports that GTA produces itself aren't always accurate and there is no way to amend the criteria for these. I have asked. It is easier and more likely to be accurate if you do a data dump into excel and put your own calculations in. That's what I've resorted to doing!
    Bcshay
    Active Contributor
    Looks like the CSV export includes columns for occurred at, resolved at, and initial_reponse_at, so I will be able to calculate averages using Excel. But if there is a way to report on these metrics in Service Desk please let me know.