Forum Discussion

Daedalus1
10 years ago

SLAs

I'm trying to work out SLAs using GTA to make improvements to our service desk team. So far I have to admit I have been a bit puzzled. Even though there is documentation for the Servicing Reports it just tells you how to run them not what criteria are being looked at to make the calculations. Also, when I have tried to do a data dump from what I can get access to, to then do my own calculations I'm getting different pass/fail rates stats to what GTA is giving me.

Does anyone know how the Standard reports work? (I've raised two Support Cases to try to get to the answer and I'm still waiting) Has anyone looked at using SLAs in this tool before as it does not seem very intuitive at all?

Many thanks for your help guys, I hope someone can give me a nudge in the right direction!

D.
  • I have the same question! I would think that SLA is not met if it has taken longer to resolved then determined by the priority. However if the target date is changed, as long as you stay under that it seems to be OK. Weird.
  • Since posting this query I haven't actually got much further with GTA itself. There are significant limitations when it comes to drilling down into the data. The answers I kept getting back is well there is the potential to do this that and the other. Example the pause SLA button. It doesn't actually work or have any significance to the SLA timers but it is there because it has the potential to be used. IMO that is a bit misleading and if you took things for face value you could end up with inaccurate reporting. In short, data dump and put your own calculations in Excel will give you more accurate numbers!
    Bcshay
    Active Contributor
    The Hold or Pause button simply stops the clock but does not change the SLA date. Isn't that its intended purpose?
  • You can't restart the clock and calculation though as it calculates from the initial response and includes any other time passed. I have found this to be an issue when I would like to pause the timer, for example when a query has gone back to the client, and I can't go forward without more information. The timer still clocks while the ticket is open.
    Bcshay
    Active Contributor
    So I did a lab using my sandbox service. In a nutshell, incident due at 11:39. Stopped the timer at 11:34. Started the timer at 11:42. Incident due date is now 11:47. SLA violated at 11:47. IT WORKS.

So I have confirmed the Pause SLA button does in fact work as intended. It simply stops the clock.