Forum Discussion

DexyRay
3 months ago

Go To ringing on my desktop

Incoming office calls started ringing on my desktop, but I haven't changed any settings.  I get a popup of the incoming call, who it is and it appears I can answer it from there.  How can I stop this? I hate it...

• I think they are working on fixing this,  but in the app it reset itself back to "softphone" everyo once in a while.

In the bottom left of the app is where you change where its ringing you - select your desk phone to fix. (if this is the issue )

Hope this helps! have a nice day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

mkeaton
    Frequent Contributor

I think they are working on fixing this,  but in the app it reset itself back to "softphone" everyo once in a while.

In the bottom left of the app is where you change where its ringing you - select your desk phone to fix. (if this is the issue )

Hope this helps! have a nice day ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

mkeaton
      Frequent Contributor

Is there a way to find out when this will be fixed? Just had this occur for 10 users this morning and of coarse it was pain mode since they don't know until they take a call and just doesn't work and hangs up on the caller. 

Is it a background update?  Any info you can provide as to why this happens every few months?

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi mkeaton , 

We are currently developing a solution that will enable us to save this type of data to the backend.  However, this feature is not expected to be available until later this year.

Please note, that when a user has their desk phone selected and logs in on a new device or clears their cache, the default selection has always reverted to the softphone. 

I'd like to provide more feedback to the team on your experience, can you let me know: 

• Did this behavior start recently?
        • How often is it happening?
        • Are there any specific actions they take before noticing the โ€œresetโ€?