Forum Discussion

christined
New Contributor
2 months ago

New "Calendar Event" status

Is anyone else running into this issue? With the new "Calendar Event" status it changes me to red and says "Calendar Event" as my status whenever I have something on my calendar.

This is a real problem because:

1) I have reminders on my calendar, and I am not busy during that exact time, but it shows that I am. 

2) If my meeting is done early, it will still show this way until the scheduled time on my calendar is over. 

3) Sometimes I will have an all-day event just to let others know I am working remote, and it now changes my status to "Calendar Event" all day. 

4) I have continuing education webinars I sit in on so they are on my calendar so that I remember to sign into them but I am still available if an important call comes in. Right now, there is no way to show that I can take that call. 

Can we create a way to opt out of this so that these issues don't cause more headache for our receptionist who is trying to figure out if we can take a call or not? Otherwise, make is so that if our status says "Calendar event" we are able to change it to available if we want.

KateG
    2 months ago

christinedblacy

Thank you for your feedback and  reports following the launch of Outlook Calendar sync for presence feature. We appreciate your patience and wanted to share a quick update with you:

We’re currently investigating issues related to the responsiveness of presence updates, which may be slower than expected.  In the meantime, we’ll be introducing a Flag that will allow customers to disable the sync if needed.

Looking ahead, we’re planning improvements that will improve status updates and  the ability to disable the feature in the settings while keeping the integration connected, for those who want meetings to appear in the app by not have their presence affected. 

We’ll keep you updated on our progress and appreciate your support as we work on these enhancements.

Thanks again for your reports and assistance with this feature. 

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi christined welcome to the GoTo Community,

Thanks for the detailed information about your experience. It's being shared and I will provide more information on the status as soon as I learn more from the team. 

blacy
    New Contributor
    We're having the same exact issue. GoTo has not been able to fix this. We did some trouble shooting, disconnected and reconnected the Calendar integration in the settings. This worked for some users, but most are have the same issue you described. Was your problem resolved?
      christined
      New Contributor

No, it was not resolved. They said they would take all my information into consideration and let me know if they came up with a fix or with a way to turn it off, but right now that is the way it is. We have had to try to make some work arounds but it has been a real pain. 

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

christinedblacy

Thank you for your feedback and  reports following the launch of Outlook Calendar sync for presence feature. We appreciate your patience and wanted to share a quick update with you:

We’re currently investigating issues related to the responsiveness of presence updates, which may be slower than expected.  In the meantime, we’ll be introducing a Flag that will allow customers to disable the sync if needed.

Looking ahead, we’re planning improvements that will improve status updates and  the ability to disable the feature in the settings while keeping the integration connected, for those who want meetings to appear in the app by not have their presence affected. 

We’ll keep you updated on our progress and appreciate your support as we work on these enhancements.

Thanks again for your reports and assistance with this feature.