Forum Discussion

Stuf
New Contributor
2 months ago

"New" softphone

If you must remove the "new softphone" option and force us to use it,  please give an option to disable the app popping up on top of other windows when a call comes in.

This is a huge disruption during work, and it's kind of crazy that it passed QA at all, much less made it through to users without giving any option to disable it.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi Stuf , 

Welcome to the Community. 

This article explains how to use docked mode to place the softphone into the app instead of having the softphone in a separate window. Hope this helps. 

John40
      New Contributor

The problem that he is describing happens in docked mode too. A call comes in, and the ENTIRE application pops up overtop of whatever was on the screen. The only workaround is to completely minimize the GoTo application. This is frustrating because if a call comes in while I am on another call, I have to open the entire GoTo application up just to see who is calling. I have to do the same thing if I would like to mute, hold, or end the call. Prior to this update,  I did not have these issues.

The old interface had very small and non-obtrusive popup that showed up whenever a call was active or coming through. Again, I'd like to emphasize the words SMALL and NON-OBTRUSIVE. Once the call ended, that went away.  Since it was small, it did not interrupt anything. This new interface is incredibly obtrusive to the point where I am considering to purchase an entire separate monitor just to place the GoTo screen on. So unfortunately I have to agree with the original poster. There is no way this version should have made it out of QA. If anything, why take away the option to  continue using the original interface? Why even have such a giant floating popup window full of blank wasted space? I do not need to use the softphone features 99.9% of the time that I am on a call. You should have just kept the same small, non-obtrusive, floating window with a button to expand it and reveal the softphone features.

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi John40, thanks for visiting out Community. 

Would you be able to share a screenshot of what you see? It would be helpful to show the team.