Forum Discussion

jh321
2 months ago

Receiving Hundreds of Spam Calls

Hello,

We currently use GoTo Connect Contact Center for our call center and have been receiving hundreds of robo-calls/spam calls each month from different phone numbers each time they call. Most of our call center staff have reported that these calls are silent each time they answer the call, when they attempt a call back (per our policy) they get a person on the other line who has no idea that their number was used to call us.

Due to the nature of our center, we cannot have 'auto-attendants' setup and it would be painstaking to add call filters for each number due to the types of calls we receive (sometimes life-threatening emergencies) that require immediate contact with the person calling into our center. 

We've reported the issue to the Federal Trade Commission and listed all of our numbers on the National Do Not Call Registry but we've had no success so far. 

Does anyone else have this issue and does GoTo Connect have a plan to reduce this issue with other companies?

Thanks!

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi jh321, welcome to the community.

There is a suspected SPAM label, but it only appears if the number calling is already on an FCC list that we check. I am checking with our team to see if there is anything being worked on that may help in the future. 

SuperSash

Hi Glenn,

I am also receiving an abundance of spam calls on my private DID line.  Is there a way for me to restrict incoming calls to only those on my contact list?

GlennD
        GoTo Manager

Hi SuperSash, welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, at this time the call comes into the system and then it is matched to a contact if it is one. There are call filters available, so if these SPAM calls are mainly coming from an 800 number (for example), you could block all 800 numbers (800* in the filter).