Forum Discussion

RichD
Active Contributor
2 years ago

Outlook plugin not showing installed, but still in outlook.

I have a user who every time she opens a blank meeting window the goto screen pops up asking her to logon. This is a new comptuer, did not install Goto Connect or the Goto Outlook addon.  Read it could be an issue with webview2. Did a repair as there was no option to uninstall. Searched the users profile folder and removed any mention of Goto, I even manually cleared some thins from the registry.

The user does not want the goto window popping up ever time she opens a new meeting window. Any thoughts on this. Most of our users do not have logons for Goto Connect or the outlook plugin.

• KateG alas that did not work either. after that not working, in the meeting window I hit File > Options and then skimmed thru the options then I saw this.   Calendar options, I see the Add online meeting to all meetings. Clicked the button and Goto was selected. Changed to Teams and that was the fix. I STILL Do not understand how Goto had its hooks in outlook when nothing was installed.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

Hi RichD welcome to the GoTo Community. Checking internally around the issue of Outlook constantly asking someone to sign in the following steps are advised: 

1. Uninstall the GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin (sounds like you have already tried this) 
    2. Delete this registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LogMeIn\GoToMeeting\OutlookAddIn
    3. Reinstall the GoToMeeting Outlook Plugin

Can you let me know if this helps? Thanks.