Forum Discussion

TomD340
Active Contributor
3 years ago

Speaker Volume on New GoTo Windows App

Hi,

I am using the new GoTo app for Windows.  The new app does not seem to allow me to adjust the speaker volume while I'm in a meeting.  I could adjust the speaker and microphone volumes in the older GoToMeeting Windows app.  

I tried adjusting the Windows volume, and it does not change the volume within the GoTo app.  Does the new GoTo Windows app allow you to adjust speaker volume?

Tom

• Hello,

This morning, I received an update to my GoTo app for Windows desktop.  When I attended my first meeting today, I now have the ability to adjust the volume of my headset using the Windows volume control!

Thank you for adding this important feature to the GoTo app (v 0.358.0 3.35.1).

Tom

KateG
      GoTo Moderator

KathleenJD did you check out Glenn's post here for tips on adjusting your audio? If that doesn't help can you explain a bit more about what's going on? Thanks. 

TomD340
        Active Contributor

Hello,

This morning, I received an update to my GoTo app for Windows desktop.  When I attended my first meeting today, I now have the ability to adjust the volume of my headset using the Windows volume control!

Thank you for adding this important feature to the GoTo app (v 0.358.0 3.35.1).

Tom

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi TomD340

Do you see the GoToMeeting application listed in your Windows Volume Mixer while you are in session?  

Regardless, adjusting the system's volume should change GoTo volume output anyway, so I'm sensing something may be confused there.  Can you check with your computer's manufacturer website to see if there are any audio driver updates available? 

TomD340
      Active Contributor

Hi AshC ,

No, the GoToMeeting application is not listed in the Windows volume mixer.  I see my Bluetooth headphones and laptop speakers.  Adjusting the system volume does not change the volume in my Bluetooth headset when I'm in a meeting.  No other PC volume (like YouTube) will play on my headphones while GoTo has an active meeting.  As soon as I end the meeting, I can listen to system sounds and control the volume through normal Windows volume.

I have run my laptop's software/driver update checker, and everything is up-to-date per the manufacturer.

Any other help or ideas?  The previous version of GoToMeeting used to allow adjusting the volume through the audio settings, and it worked just fine.  This new version doesn't have this adjustment...

Thanks,

Tom

CurtCruver
        New Contributor

I have this same problem.  It looks like the GoToMeeting has decided to abandon this issue.  ...not cool!

Please provide a solution.