Forum Discussion

Carol1818
4 days ago

Multiple monitor issues - HELP

I recently bought two external monitors for my laptop at home to access my multiple monitor setup at work. The first picture is the setup...I changed the configurations so the middle monitor in my main monitor while the laptop is normally closed. You can see on the middle monitor GoToMyPC is up on the screen...2nd picture shows it closer. Now when I do shift maximize to extend to my second monitor at work I get what you see in picture 3. Part of my 1st monitor at work is showing on the laptop, the other half is showing on the middle screen and I have no idea what is going on with the right screen. 

My old setup was my laptop with a portable monitor and I never had issues...it would extend perfectly and I wad able to see both monitors at the office full screen on both. 

I have no idea what happened or how to fix this...please help!

Right now I am forced to work on just the middle screen screen and having to make the windows open very small so I can access everything. 

• I was able to get it off of my laptop screen...now I have it on my left screen but when I do shift + maximize...I get only partial on my right screen. Both setting are the same, both home and office 

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi Carol1818,

What to do if the Shift+Maximaze command does not work?

If in older builds of GoToMyPC you experience issues with Shift+Maximize not working, it is normally caused by differences in scaling between your host and client computers. To correct this you can set the scaling level to be equal on both machines by following the steps below:

1. Go to your Display Settings on the host computer (Right-click on Desktop > Display Settings).
    2. Click on Monitor 1 and check the scaling level.
    3. Click on Monitor 2 and check the scaling level.
    4. Go to Display Settings on the client computer.
    5. Click on Monitor 1 and make sure the scaling level matches Monitor 1 of the host computer (found in step 2).
    6. Click on Monitor 2 and make sure the scaling level matches Monitor 2 of the host computer (found in step 3).
    7. Disconnect your GoToMyPC session and reconnect.
    8. Results: Your Shift+Maximize command should work now. 

In some cases, you may also need to set your resolutions to be equal (as close as possible) between the two computers. You should also make sure your monitors are set to Extend on both machines, instead of Mirror. Disconnect and reconnect after making any Display Settings changes.