Forum Discussion

Innovation1
New Contributor
2 years ago

Broadband speed for running a webcam

I was running a webinar from our offices, the computer was Lan connected, when we first started the webinar we had a notification saying internet speed slow may affect the webinar, we immediately did a speed test  and the internet was running at 46Mbps during the webinar the webcam kept freezing, and the internet speed was still running at 46Mbps, what can I do to avoid this happening without turning the webcam off as viewers complain when the webcams are off.  

Innovation1
      New Contributor

Hello, 

Yes, all of the system requirements have been met.

We also get a message at the very launch of a webinar saying the internet speed is low and it may affect the webinar, as mentioned when I do a speed test it is running at 46/47Mbps what speed is optimum ?

KateG
        GoTo Moderator

Hi Innovation1  46mps may be a bit slow if you are planning to use webcams and share videos. As the warning message indicates, you may experience issues.  You can disable any unnecessary apps while hosting the webinar, and avoid sharing webcams while presenting and sharing screens. You might also want to dial into the conference call instead of using the built-in VoIP.