Forum Discussion

nephwebinar
Active Contributor
4 years ago

Gotowebinar Certificate gives error page

An attendee received the link to download the certificate, but the link leads to an error page that says: 

Oops, an error occurred when downloading your certificate. Please try again later.

I tried to load the page from 3 different browsers. Any suggestions?
  • Thanks for the answers. I found the problem. The email client of the attendee transformed the certificate link and every time there is an & it put a code, &  so they need to remove amp; from the hyperlink, then it works.

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

nephwebinar  Do you know if certificates have worked for this attendee before?

If you tested the link from your own PC, then it could be an issue with the link generated by GoToWebinar itself.  We'd want to file a ticket for Engineering to examine the process there, in order to find out what actually failed.  If you have a copy of the email sent to the Attendee, then please call directly into Customer Support when you have time to create a case with us.

Chris Droessler
      Respected Contributor

Every now and then I will click the link in an email to see my GoToWebinar certificate. I watch the ball spin for a minute, and then I give up.  It has been a long time since I have seen a certificate.  Firefox on a Mac.

nephwebinar
    Active Contributor

Thanks for the answers. I found the problem. The email client of the attendee transformed the certificate link and every time there is an & it put a code, &  so they need to remove amp; from the hyperlink, then it works.

AshC
      Retired GoTo Contributor

nephwebinar  That's interesting.  Thanks for the follow up here.