Forum Discussion

Rach1
Active Contributor
4 years ago

Home Wifi when hosting a Webinar

Hello all,

Apologies if a topic has already started on this, I could not locate it. 

I have a general question about hosting webinars from home on my home wifi connection.  I have run a few webinars with an average of 200 people online from home for the past few months during lock down in the UK. 

I always feel a bit panicky about my home wifi!  I wonder if it is as stable as wifi in my office location.  

If my wifi connection was to fall over mid-webinar, is there any safety net? Or will the entire webinar come to a crashing halt?

Thanks for your help - I hope you may be able to put my mind at rest in some way!

Rach

Chris Droessler
    Respected Contributor

If you as the Organizer loose connection with the webinar, you have five minutes to reconnect before the webinar ends by itself.

I always have a second computer connected as an Organizer in case the main computer crashes.  That second computer will maintain the webinar until I can get the main computer reconnected.

But you asked about the wifi going down.  For my big webinars, I always have a remote person as a Co-Organizer.  If I loose everything, that Co-Organizer can keep the webinar going until I can get reconnected.

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Webinar-ends-after-5-minutes-if-organizer-is-disconnected-can/m-p/197024 

Rach1
      Active Contributor

Hi Chris - thank you so much for your prompt reply.  This is really interesting, and extremely positive news! Thank you!
      I actually have a co-organiser with me on these webinars, to help with the Questions Panel. So, hopefully then, that means if my wifi goes down for any reason, the session will switch over to the Co-Organiser's Wifi? That's great news. Thank you.

Chris Droessler
        Respected Contributor

Yes, any Organizer or Co-Organizer can keep the webinar going.

As a side note:  If you are the only Organizer, and you voluntary leave the webinar, GoTo will ask if you want to promote an Attendee to be an Organizer to keep the webinar going.