Forum Discussion

chrisclore
New Contributor
5 years ago

Name displayed in control panel is incorrect

We have a gotowebinar subscription that was initially set up by one person (Tracy), then taken over by me (Chris). My email address is the log in. I am the primary organizer. When I set Tracy up as a secondary organizer, panelist or even just as a participant, she shows up as my name even though I set her up with her name and her email address. So in the control panel, I see me as Organizer, Presenter (ME) and I see me again which is really Tracy.

I am sure I set something up wrong or it has to do with me taking over an existing account.  But how can I get Tracy to display as Tracy?  

• As a quick fix, when you are running a GoToWebinar, go to the preferences, and there is a place to change your screen name as well as your email address.  You will have to do this each time you connect to a new webinar.

I do this often, as I will log into multiple computers as the organizer, and I want to rename them so I can tell which is which.

rstrozier
    Active Contributor

You would need to call GoTo to troubleshoot that issue, in the interim you can edit your name for each webinar in the control panel.

Chris Droessler
      Respected Contributor

As a quick fix, when you are running a GoToWebinar, go to the preferences, and there is a place to change your screen name as well as your email address.  You will have to do this each time you connect to a new webinar.

I do this often, as I will log into multiple computers as the organizer, and I want to rename them so I can tell which is which.