Forum Discussion

TonyTomkins
Active Contributor
4 years ago

Imac Home Screen

Hi everyone.

When I login to my host all I can see is the home screen with out the desktop. The mouse moves and acks on the host but cannot see what it is doing on the controller??

• Still no joy

Uninstalled Logmein client and host both ends, re installed software and still the same issue.

We I am trying to remote use clients computer, the moue moves and selects at client end but all I see is the "Screen saver" NOT the desktop

AshC
    Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi TonyTomkins 

If this just started happening, can you please confirm the affected operating system, LogMeIn software version, and last reboot time? 

TonyTomkins
      Active Contributor

OS Big Sur 11.5.1

Logmein Version 4.1.7664 (PlugIn: 1.0.2725)

Re booted many times today both ends ....

Not used logmein for some time so not sure how long this has not be working correctly for  ...

Basically all I can see when I log in is the home screen but without desktop apps etc but the mouse moves on the Host and can select items but cannot see from client end ... or the other way around ,, controller end can move mouse around and select but cannot see what you are selecting

AshC
        Retired GoTo Contributor

TonyTomkins  There may be some updated permissions required on that Mac host.  If you can re-install the endpoint software there you may be able to re-acknowledge the screen sharing ability.