Forum Discussion

sclarke808
Active Contributor
4 months ago

LogMeIn Constantly Required 2FA - Even After "Trusting Device"

My LogMeIn clients (Mac, Windows, Android and iOS) are constantly prompting me to 2FA each and every time I login. It almost seems as though my account is being logged out, and it's forgetting that I've trusted the device.

When I login through the browser, I'm seeing that it registers my computer and browser as a trusted device. But when I do the same on the LogMeIn client (the program itself), and I click the trust this device and don't ask for a code next time - I never see that device add to my logmein account as a trusted device. And if I logoff or an forced to logoff etc, I have to reenter my 2FA each and every time. I've redone my 2FA setup, tried it via an authenticator then text, text then authenticator etc, and not change. I've also deleted my apps and reinstalled them from scratch, setting up 2FA and still nothing.

I had previously reached out to LogMeIn, and they had me turn on some logs and send them to them, but nothing really came of it. I'm wondering if this is just how it is, or if something is broken with my account. In all honesty, I didn't experience this, until the full on merger with GoTo started, where logging in on the website would jump you to the yellow and black GoTo page.

Any help is appreciated!

GlennD
    GoTo Manager

Hi sclarke808, welcome to the community.

I located you ticket from May 2023 and it looks like this was a known issue at that time and corrected (to our knowledge), by an update in June 2023. 

1. Have you continued to have this issue since May 2023 or did it stop and then start again recently?
    2. Are you running the latest version of LMI Pro? 

sclarke808
      Active Contributor

THanks for the reply.

It seems to have come back in the last 4-5 months. And I am on the newest version of LMI Pro on all devices (Mac, iOS, Windows).

mattcoz
        New Contributor

I have the same issue. My device shows up in my list of trusted devices but still requires 2FA every time.