Forum Discussion

btpdds
7 months ago

Unattended Access logs out Windows when remote control stops

We used to use Unattended Access regularly several years ago, but have only recently started to use it again.  It appears that whenever I end Remote Control, or pause the session, Windows is logging out of the current user account. Is this an option in LogMeIn Admin Center that needs to be changed, or is Windows causing this?

I haven't seen this before with any of the thousands of customers we've remoted into. Ending remote control  or pausing a session has never logged out Windows, or even locked the session.

OS:  Windows Server 2016 ServerStandard Version 1607 10.0.14393.6343 x64 Edition 10.0 (build: 14393)

New Contributor

GlennDThe documentation in https://support.logmeinrescue.com/rescue/help/about-disruption-free-unattended-experience appears to be inaccurate. If an account is signed out and you remote in and login with LogMeIn and then end the remote control session or the session the account will log out rather than lock the screen. If the screen was locked rather than signed out before remoting, logging in and then subsequently ending the session or remote control session will lock as expected. I am not a master account holder so I don't have permission to go through the unattended installer. Even if I went through the process to get access and to set up the unattended installer it's not clear that if I were to disable screen locking:
      1. it would stop signing out from occurring.

2. If there was a way to keep screen lock but have no sign out.

Why can't an option be added to configure this behavior for normal unattended clients to just lock the screen instead of signing out? Why is the standalone installer required for this?

With the standalone msi installer I think we could compromise by requiring the technician to manually lock the screen after a session, but it is important that after creating the unattended msi installer that LogMeIn does not sign out at the end of the session.