JT5365
Active Contributor
2 years ago
Delivered

Add call control on headsets

Staff is not able to receive calls from their headset when using the softphone.  This limits their ability to perform tasks away from their monitor in order to accept or make a call.  I understand security concerns are prohibiting this functionality.   Are there any tools available to mitigate this issue and to allow call control? 

KateG
    GoTo Moderator

jstrittmatter My apologies. While the feature is in the work, it has not been rolled out to all customers at this time. I will be sure to update this thread once it's available to all. 

jstrittmatter
    Active Contributor

There is no headset control.  I am running version 0.358.0 3.35.1

jstrittmatter
    Active Contributor

Thanks for the update, but the document you link only allows you to select your headset for audio there is no mention of call controls.  I have a WH66 headset, and it cannot control calls from the headset.  

JT5365
    Active Contributor

Thank you for the update KateG.  We recently purchased some Yealink WH63 UC's, but I don't see these on the list of campatible devices.  Has this set  been tested?

jstrittmatter
    Active Contributor

It is excellent that GoTo has reviewed all the headset posts on here, but there needs to be a serious solution ASAP!!!!

This feature is critical to our day-to-day operations, and I am not sure how much longer we can continue with just having this reviewed.  Instead of developing a new softphone experience, you work with a headset manufacturer like Yealink to get a fully functioning softphone.  The gimmicky softphone experience may be nice, but it is not people's most crucial issue with the softphone.

KateG
    GoTo Moderator
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Reviewed by moderator