cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
telenberger
Active Contributor

AV Not Supported or OESIS out of Date?

Over the past 7 years we always run into issues where our antivirus gets upgraded by the manufacturer (Symantec) and LMI is slow to catch up and support it. Every single time this has happened I call into support, mention the old tickets to show a history of this issue and specifically reference how I have always been told that “OESIS is out of date and once it’s updated, this issue will be resolved”.

Before LMI joined with Go To Meeting, the support team was awesome and knew their product, after I reported this, the issue was always resolved within 30 days, however when I last reported this to support, they couldn't wrap their heads around it and insisted that I uninstall the current, latest version of AV in favor of an older one, why would ANYONE do such a thing?

I again referenced an older case, which was EXACTLY what I was experiencing and the matter was never followed up on but now the situation is getting worse because Symantec, as well as every other AV, is always upgrading, changing, adapting, etc. Is the lack of follow-up because LMI has its own AV now? Or is it because the new support no longer has a solid understanding of the product?

When this was last reported in November of 2018, LMI fully supported Symantec Hosted Endpoint Protection, 3.00.00.2701 however Symantec was at version 3.00.20.2796, since then Symantec has upgraded to version 3.00.31.2817 and LMI still has not caught up. What is the point of paying for a service to help monitor and maintain your computers when the product doesn’t accurately report the status of your computers, specifically the AV status?

Is LMI ever going to update OESIS? Or whatever they are using now?

11 REPLIES 11
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: AV Not Supported or OESIS out of Date?

Hi @telenberger ,

It seems an investigation is currently underway around this problem.  Unfortunately I don't have a timeline for repair yet, but will share any information we come across ASAP.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
telenberger
Active Contributor

An investigation? That's news to me, does it by any chance date back to the last time I contacted LMI over this (November 2018)?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

No, this just recently came to our attention, and we hope to have more updates soon.

telenberger
Active Contributor

Its been 15 days, any update? Last time this happened it was corrected in less then a week. Whats going on?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @telenberger ,

I am expecting an update this week.  Thanks for you patience in the meantime.

telenberger
Active Contributor

2 weeks later and still no update?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@telenberger  It looks liek OESIS was updated recently (while I was away from the office for a bit), so I'm wondering if your issues persist now?

telenberger
Active Contributor

Is it an update in the form of a new version being pushed out or is it an update to the current version that's only going to be applied to new installs of LMI?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We effectively updated the library on our end, so check the notes here to compare your own antivirus version:  https://help.logmein.com/pkb_mobile#article/l:en_US/kA71B000000TP99SAG/r