cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VBGuy
New Contributor

Host Laptop display

Using Central 50
All remote clients are using the latest Host app version 15460.
My PCs: Using both Win 10 Home and Win 11 Home - problem is the same when using both.

This issue only happens when remoting into certain laptops, never desktops

When remoting into certain laptops, I have an issue, for example when opening Settings.
Sometimes the Settings window does not even display. The app icon appears on the task bar, but nothing on the desktop.
I can hover over the taskbar icon and the mini-window appears, then if I click on the mini-window, the Setting window (usually) pops up.
Then, some of the links may or may not appear active, I.E. hovering over them may produce the highlight effect, sometimes not.
If I click on, for example, "Windows Update", the window tries to render the Update screen, but it just overlays on top of the previous window without obscuring the previous window.

The new window is a complete garble of both windows overlaid on top of each other.

Sometimes I can change the Resolution (remote session window, top menu bar) and things may appear better, but nothing is completely resolved.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Host Laptop display

Hi @VBGuy Welcome to the GoTo Community, 

The scenario sounds like Windows is opening something off-screen.  Do you have an external monitor? If so this article should help explain how to navigate. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
VBGuy
New Contributor

Hello KateG -

No external monitors in play, but thanks for the reply. 

The article was most helpful for some other lingering  questions I have had.

Thanks again.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@VBGuy thanks for getting back to me. 

We need to figure out what the laptops experiencing the issue may have in common. Are there any notable differences in the hardware or software configurations between the laptops and desktops that might explain why only laptops are affected? 

• Are they using a docking station perhaps? 
  • Do you know the make/model of the devices? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
VBGuy
New Contributor

Hello KateG -
Yes, I need to investigate the laptops that work well vs. the ones that over-display.
I need to make time to query each one and inventory the hardware, drivers, software, etc.
Hope to do that soon.

FYI - No docking stations on any laptop.