cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GaborO
GoTo Contributor

Re: Problems with HP printers

Please note that we've found the reason of network printing being blocked by the LogMeIn AV Firewall.

We will add an option to the AV policy to enable network printing early next year.

timau
New Contributor

Any updates on this.. (It not just HP printers it most bands of printers) 

Also not just on Wifi Public networks also on Private and domain networks.

bswedhin

When I run the command Get-NetConnectionProfile it shows the NetworkCategory = DomainAuthenticated and the  DomainAuthenticationKind = Ldap. 

If I try to run the commnand 

Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceAlias Wi-Fi -NetworkCategory Private

I get errors because it is a computer that is joined to our domain. So this does not resolve our issues.

Several users still can not print while on Wi-Fi, they get print errors. We have done everything possible to fix this. from removing drivers to checking subnets to accessing the printers web UI. Some people can print to the printer, so We know it is not a problem with the printer.  (we only started having these problems after we installed the LMI suite)

Please help resolve this asap

Thank you

DiegoDash
Active Contributor

In a little while we will be in 2025 and there is no solution, no update.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @DiegoDash , @bswedhin , @timau , 

I've reached out to the team for an update, I don't have a timeline for a fix at the moment, but will keep this thread updated. Thanks for bumping this and for your patience. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
timau
New Contributor

The reply I've had from Logme Tech support is horrendous - they don't acknowledge the problem exists. instead they seem to think it has something to do with remote printing.

--
Hello,

I investigated this and the environment you provided with the printer is related to the article in question, to which the only solution we offer is what is stated in that article.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Regards,

Sergio | Customer Care Manager
----
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

The nature of this case is related to remote printing - wireless printers, and that's the information that was provided to you.

On the other hand, if you need to know how the remote printing feature + how to troubleshoot any networking issue, also how the product works, you can check the following articles:
Remote Printing.
LogMeIn Pro and Firewalls.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Regards,

Sergio | Customer Care Manager