cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bgeoghegan
New Contributor

Performance - steps to improve

What would people suggest to diagnose user reported performance issues?  I have fast typing LMI users who complain of lag times and slow screen response to their input.  Where would people look first: Internet Bandwidth, firewall limitations, LMI itself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Performance - steps to improve

@bgeoghegan  Thanks for the feedback. 

There are a great many variables to say what the average connection demands are with LMI Central clients.  Typically lower resolution systems will update faster on the screen if a user is rendering some larger graphics, however just sending type keyboard strokes should always have a delay less than 1 second. 

If this is only affecting some environments, it is most likely related to latency on that local area network.  You might consider running a few more tests with other PCs on that LAN, and make sure they are not on WiFi at the time...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bgeoghegan
New Contributor

Based on feedback from one of my savvier users, the client settings can boost performance when set to:

Low bandwidth (see below)

Medium color depth, though on occassion HD is rendered faster.

I've seen bandwidth used by a single LMI client reach peaks of 3-4 Mbps.

I would appreciate hearing from LogMeIn on recommended bandwith per client - active and idle.  What do LMI's own performance tests point to as bottlenecks?

http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/central-t-remotecontrol-networkconnection

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@bgeoghegan  Thanks for the feedback. 

There are a great many variables to say what the average connection demands are with LMI Central clients.  Typically lower resolution systems will update faster on the screen if a user is rendering some larger graphics, however just sending type keyboard strokes should always have a delay less than 1 second. 

If this is only affecting some environments, it is most likely related to latency on that local area network.  You might consider running a few more tests with other PCs on that LAN, and make sure they are not on WiFi at the time...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
bgeoghegan
New Contributor

Thanks Ash.  I'll add your list of issues and suggestions to the LMI user best practices document we're putting together.