cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: With no monitors at host computer, client gets black screen

Hi @xdarthx, welcome to the community.

Thank you for sharing this solution. I took a moment to check the link and the company that provides the virtual display driver and it appears to be legitimate.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
M_Todorovic

Enable screen blanking on the remote connection, and there will be no 'shared display' required between the remote user and the local user.    No amazon parts required.

keithhumanitzki
Regular Visitor

The download of the usb monitor works. I was able to install it with logmein's file manager and command prompt. I am not sure if it just the testing i did piror to this but i first had a valid 1920x1080 resolution but after reboot i am stuck at 640x480. 1920x1080 is the default amyuni usb monitor resolution.
keithhumanitzki
Regular Visitor

It looks like once you login to your remote host. If you run usbmmidd.bat again it restores all the resolutions that are contained in the usbmmidd.inf. thank you again amyuni for this! Maybe running the install from the remote command prompt it only had 640x480.. cute relization I was able to tab my way around display settings and change the orientation. Hope this helps someone else.