cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daver99
New Contributor

Your session has timed out or host went offline during your connection attempt.....

I am trying to provide to a client and I just keep getting the above message.   I have connected to this machine in the past.  Any help would be great.  Are there diagnostic tools or tests I can run?  Is there a website I can direct the client to go to to run a connection test?

Also - I tried to contact support about this 2 days ago.  Chat == offline.  Support request == crickets.   What should my expectations be to get support?

DR

13 REPLIES 13
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Your session has timed out or host went offline during your connection attempt.....

Sorry, @Daver99 --

The service levels on Chat/Email support are much lower than Phone support, so if this is pressing I would call directly into Customer Care at your earliest convenience.

Regarding your current connection failures, does this happen for all cleints?  If so, have you tested off-LAN?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Daver99
New Contributor

Re: Your session has timed out or host went offline during your connection attempt.....

This problem is only happening with the one PC.  It is located on the east coast, while I am west.  Connections across town (off lan) do work though.  This connection has worked in the past, with the computer on the same (wireless) network it is on now.

As for the support on the phone -- I was in holding for the next available operator for 20minutes before I hung up.  

Daver99
New Contributor

Ideally, I could give my client a URL to test against.  I just heard from him right now again and it seems the computer in question can't access email either right now -- but can do some other online tasks... and I see its status as on or off in the logmein client.  

Can you recommend any test procedures?

Thanks,

DR

Daver99
New Contributor

One more question: should there be a windows defender firewall rule listed?  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Daver99  Windows Defender rarely causes issues with LMI services.  Reference doc:  https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/central-c-lmi-firewalls/?q=firewall&l=en_US&c=...

It sounds like this is isolated to one client in your case though, which is also demonstrating additional connection issues--- so I'd say it's just that PC or location.  If there's no other security present, have you tried to connect to it while in safemode with networking?

Daver99
New Contributor

Thanks for the link  - I did have him relocate to a spot with a wire connection and now am able to connect.  The previous network was a "guest" wifi connection.  I'll look at the link - I don't know if possibly the corporate guest network is now more locked down?  I would like to know specifically why the connection fails.

The wifi is a "public" network in windows, while the wired is running as private.  Which made me suspect firewall rules.

DR

Daver99
New Contributor

Hi again,

I'm still looking for some kind of checklist I can go through for my client's connection.  e.g.

What is the min speed of connection?

How do I know if ports are open appropriately?

Is there some test script I can run to verify the connection quality?

(fyi I did get some response to my submitted web support ticket.   After three emails back and forth I was asked if the computer was turned on...  :-P)

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey @Daver99  Checkout this documentation and let me know if there are any gaps:  https://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Documentation/central-c-lmi-systemrequirements-host/?q=requi...

(I'm not aware of a test script for hosts, but will ask around)

** If your case needs further review, I can have someone reach out:  Click on my name in this Community to confirm your contact details and the case # with best time to troubleshoot the problem PC.

Daver99
New Contributor

Thanks for the link Ash - it does confirm that the overall throughput is good enough.

I feel that the issue must be a firewall issue (either on the PC or corporate hardware) that is blocking the connections in general or a specific port or range.

And more detailed technical requirements available?

DR