Connection is disconnected upon verify identity.
We have a few hundreds pc's connected to central and recently we are getting this issue when using the client app. these are Windws 10 x86 and x64
We still have some older Windows 7 devices, they do not have this problem...
Before posting this I tried:
- updating the certificates: no result
- connecting to the host which is directly connected to the internet ( no firewall): no result
- connecting to the host on client pc with no firewall: no result
- disabling local windows firewall on the host: no result
On the other hand, we are able to connect to all devices using IE11 browser.
Any ideas what might go wrong?
@JST2 It sounds like you've checked the firewall, which would be my first impulse. As long as you're host computers are all up to date with the latest LMI software, then we may want to gather some log files to dig into the connection failure there. Feel free to give us a call when you have direct access to one of the problem PCs.
Just chiming in to say we've got a Windows 8.1 device that started exhibiting this issue. We've got about 100 other devices in a mix of Win 8, 10, Server 2012-2019, and so far we seem to be able to connect to other devices OK, just this one.
LMI client is up-to-date and we can connect to Dashboard, Host Monitoring, and even the "basic, lo-fi" web-only remote control works, but attempting to connect via the high fidelity LMI remote control fails in the same fashion as you posted.
Having the same issues. Computers that used to connect are no longer able to remote via the app. I can use a web browser with the Limited mode to access them still, but the real time connection immediately disconnects after Verification. Ive also tried updating the app, the certs and the machine to so success. The only solution ive found that works is uninstalling logmein and reinstalling it on the target machine. This isnt a great solution as most of the machines are states away. Has any solution been found for this?
^You had impeccable timing.
I actually opened a ticket with LogMeIn a couple of weeks ago. The level 1 tech has so far tossed out the usual "did you try checking your firewall? Disable antivirus?" It's not that I'm above those issues, but our PCs and laptops are pretty much identical in most regards and the PCs and laptops we've lost access to have identical twins+ roaming around without issue.
We've been trying to sync up for a screenshare troubleshooting session, perhaps this week.
I had considered uninstalling and reinstalling, but am loath to do so for similar distance/access reasons. We can probably get away with it via RDP from another LogMeIn session, unless something goes wrong, and then we are totally screwed.
I'll update this chain with anything relevant from LogMeIn, but at least initially, they seem inclined to think it's something specific with our environment, though I'm of the belief it's something with their software. We'll see who's right.
I'm having the same issue. The dashboard opens fine, but Remote Control hangs on Verify Identity and eventually fails. I've tried every step listed in various help pages and uninstalled/reinstalled. Nothing has worked.
"In order to maintain the highest security standards and promote security practices, LogMeIn no longer support TLS 1.0 and 1.1 communication protocols when establishing session connections. TLS 1.2 is now the lowest supported version." - From Rescue's support page
I wonder if your connectivity issue has to do with the statement above. Can you please check if this is the issue you're having? What are the session logs telling you? You can usually find them at: C:\ProgramData\LogMeIn.
I actually replied to this thread several days ago with relevant information and troubleshooting, but either my post got deleted or it failed to post. (Possibly because I criticized LogMeIn technical support? They continue to fail to respond to our open ticket going on almost two weeks now. Incredibly frustrating as a paid Central subscriber for nearly 10 years... bummer.)
Long story short, TLS 1.2 did not appear to be an issue our environment.
Ultimately, uninstalling LogMeIn on the problematic PC, rebooting, and reinstalling LogMeIn fixed the issue for us. This is unfortunate as a handful of the devices in question are going to be very difficult to physically reach to perform this work and aren't currently connected to any sort of VPN for alternative fixes.
Updating to note that we "repaired" 3 more instances of this by fully uninstalling, rebooting, and then reinstalling the LogMeIn client on the affected devices. We installed VNC, made the necessary firewall changes, and were able to set up a temporary VPN. It's still nerve-wracking to do this process, but so far for us it's worked.