cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkeco
Active Contributor

Disable Raise hand

GoTo webapp has the Raise Hand function, we need to turn that off permanently - how can this be done ?

Problem is that when we appoint/change a new organiser the setting in the app will reset it self. I was looking for a way to turn the feature off completely like Chat in Admin settings.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Disable Raise hand

Hi @kkeco, welcome to the community.

At this time there isn't a global admin setting to disable the Raise Hand feature across all organizer accounts. Each organizer would need to sign in and disable it under Manage Attendee Permissions and it will be remembered for future sessions. Are you finding the feature disruptive? 

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 9.08.03 AM.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @kkeco, welcome to the community.

At this time there isn't a global admin setting to disable the Raise Hand feature across all organizer accounts. Each organizer would need to sign in and disable it under Manage Attendee Permissions and it will be remembered for future sessions. Are you finding the feature disruptive? 

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 9.08.03 AM.png

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

kkeco
Active Contributor

Thanks GlennD

Yes we find the function disruptive. We have a companion tool that we use for meeting facilities like raise-hand and chat, and our participants got confused when this option appeared.

Also i find that when we appoint new organisers in a meeting, the function is enabled again without warning.

kkeco
Active Contributor

Appoint new organizer resets settings in new GotoApp

In the new Goto App, we face the problem of disabling the Raise Hand. This can be done in the settings for the meeting. However whenever we appoint a new organizer for the meeting, this setting resets and the raisehand appears again. Is this an error or by design ?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Appoint new organizer resets settings in new GotoApp

Hi @kkeco thanks again for the feedback! We have shared this with the team. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

kkeco
Active Contributor

Thanks for your reply  KateG

Today i am monitoring a meeting and the Raise Hand enable/disable seems to have its own life.

I turn it off, and then it randomly turns back on. We are 3 organisers in the meeting and are not changing while this happens. 

Our users are really confused on this so this is becoming a problem to the point where discusssion is ongoing wether G2 is the right tool. 

kkeco
Active Contributor

This is still a problem now a whole year later - we will pursue a different tool now.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@kkeco I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've faced due to the settings being reset, and the hand-raising feature in particular. I will again pass this feedback on to the team.

I appreciate your time in our community and sharing your experience.  If you ever decide to come back or have further feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!