cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Add an SMS Text node to the dial-plan

Add an SMS Text node to the dial-plan

It would be great if there was a node available in the dial-plan editor to send a preformatted text message to the caller.  This has many use cases, such as in the auto-attendant for the caller to receive a text with the URL for an online order menu, a website, a location, etc...

I know we can do this using the HTTP Notify node.  But this requires integrating with a 3rd SMS provider.  Why go to a 3rd party provider when SMS is already built into GoTo

8 Comments
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

timboslice
Active Contributor

Having the ability to send a text\SMS as a tool step within the dial plan configuration tool would be amazing. Ideally, you would be able to send the SMS with a specific OB ID with this logic. This would be especially helpful with regard to after-hours notifications of staff and groups within an enterprise. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@timboslice thanks for sharing your idea here in the Community. This is coming, as soon as we have a timeline, we will let you know. 

MikeBBB

Any idea when this might be implemented? This is a feature we would really like to have available soon.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@MikeBBB it's coming soon, within the next few months. We will update the Community when it's available. 

GilR

Hi ,

I would like to have ability to schedule text message to be sent on specif date / time.

As example if i am working night or early morning and i ran in the issue that i need information from the customer , I  would like to able to send a message that will be sent in the future without waking the customer or matching his communication hours  requests

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@GilR thank you for your idea. Enhanced automated SMS messaging will be coming soon with GoTo Customer Engagement. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator