Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Call Parking idea

0 Kudos

Call Parking idea

I would like to be able to program a "Call Park" button on a phone that allows the system to select the parking location and announces to the person who parks this call. Then I would like to be able to program a second button that would be labeled "Park Pickup" and when pressed would say something like "Park Number?" and then you can enter on the dial pad the location of the parked call.

I think this would be great for organizations who park calls a lot and also have the need to have more Speed dial with presence buttons programmed. Dedicating 4, 5, 6 or more park buttons on each phone in an organization can take up a lot of real estate on programmable buttons. 

And speaking of programmable buttons - are we any closer to being able to make templates and apply those button programming templates to different devices? Still having to program each phone individually continues to be painful.  

2 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @M_Adams thank you for your idea. 

We have visual call parking in the GoTo app, with drag-and-drop transfer to parking spots on the Attendant Console. Users can also park calls taking place on the physical phone from the Attendant Console. Have you tried to enable call parking view permissions in Admin and use the Attendant Console? 

M_Adams
Contributor

Hi Kate,

That is great for users that are using the softphone. This would be more beneficial for desk phone users. The majority of our customers have a desk phone as their primary option for phone usage.

This would be especially helpful since GoTo still doesn't have button programming templates based on the model phone. So its a lot of work for customers when they require 4 or more park buttons on each phone.