cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Differentiate between internal and external calls

Differentiate between internal and external calls

Yealink supports having different ringtones to differentiate between internal and external incoming calls. However, they require that this feature also be supported by the VoIP service, which is not something GoToConnect currently supports. 

6 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

water1
Active Contributor

I came here to post the same thing. This would be very helpful.

M_Adams
Active Contributor

How I get around this is I will create a line key and program that line key on anyone who needs to receive those calls as a button on their phone. I then create a dial plan for that number to point to that ext number. Then on the Yealink phone I can set the ring tone for the line to what I want it to be. I can do a GoToMeeting if you would like to see how I do it. Let me know.

Thank you,

Michael Adams

Brad_H
Active Contributor

Another thing that you can do is to create a directory of the internal user and then you can give the directory entry its own ring sound.  I've done that for small offices.  It's a little more difficult when it's a large customer.

water1
Active Contributor

I ended up doing what Brad suggested but agree it's a bit time consuming to implement/maintain. We don't have too many users that are concerned with having different ring tones so that's what we're going to run with for now. Thanks all!