cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

More Robust Schedules and Holiday scheduling

More Robust Schedules and Holiday scheduling

It would be great when you create a schedule that you could color code the schedule with day mode, night mode, AND LUNCH mode with out having to make a second schedule. That would mean the schedule tab would need to have a 4th option for lunch.

I would also like to see a node that can be drawn to "holiday schedule" node in the dial plan. The holiday tab could be set up how it is not with admins being able to set the dates and times of the holiday but then they would also be able to add a sound clip to each of the holidays that are scheduled. This would make it so admins don't have to login all the time to change the holiday message OR is they forget then a customer isn't hearing the Thanksgiving message at Christmas time

11 Comments
ViziSites
I know we can set the holiday closures under the "Schedule" section, but I would also like to have the holiday messages/sound clips automatically be assigned to play during those closures so that I don't have to go in and manually update the sound clip each time we have a closure (our sound clip tells callers we are closed for the holiday).
This would be a very useful and time-saving feature!
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

JacobHVAC
Active Contributor

Please create a role in the admin center that is limited to changing the phone system schedule and holidays. The office staff sometimes need to modify the phone schedule without a full system admin.

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Investigating

This idea is currently under consideration.  

JacobHVAC
Active Contributor

Allow us to subscribe to a recurring (or multi-year) US holiday schedule with the ability for the Admin to opt-in/opt-out of each individual holiday in the calendar.

And/or allow recurring holidays so we don't have to add them every year. A pre-built calendar with the option to opt-in/opt-out of each holiday would address this.

Trevor-V

My request is that sound clips link to holidays using the holiday schedule. This in turn would allow the dial plans to point to the holiday schedule itself, rather than a specific holiday message (covering a whole year of holidays as a result). The reason for this request, in our case, is that we have several clients who use holiday specific messages requiring we update each client's dial plan before every holiday. This may be two separate feature requests, I'm unsure.

mfoote

It would be nice to have a feature where you can add holidays in settings and then be able to select them in the Schedule instead of having to remake them for every schedule.

jimmyray
Active Contributor

YES!! this should be a feature. When you have many different schedules this becomes a burden. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Accepted

There are several features now available to improve and enhance holiday scheduling including creating a holiday dial plan, creating holiday sound clips, and adding holiday music. This article highlights various features now available.