cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Notification sounds for messages

Notification sounds for messages

Problem: I have a great team and we love the internal messaging system in GoTo Connect, but sometimes my team doesn't know that they received a message for 30 minutes.

Solution: I would love to see a patch that made a ding or something when my team or I received a message so that we could have timely communication on a call that has come in.

4 Comments
KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator

SabrinaDW

Hello

My colleagues and I are using the channel feature on Goto to communicate but we are not receiving notifications everytime a new message is received. I called Customer Service and it's not something that you are able to implement at the moment. It's something that would be extremely helpful, as in the meantime we have to open each channel that has been created to see if we have new messages, which is not convenient at all.

We hope that it's something that you will be able to add soon.

Thank you

Best regards

Sabrina

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@SabrinaDW I moved your post to this similar idea, where others can kudo and comment. I will be sharing this need with the team. Thanks for sharing this with the Community. 

maegandunn

This is an extremely needed feature within our company.  Currently, we are still having to utilize Slack for internal communication (GoTo was supposed to eliminate the use for Slack) all because we aren't audibly notified when a message is received. As we are new to GoTo Connect, I am concerned with this being such a simple and standard feature that this isn't implemented. Especially after seeing that this feature was requested here one year ago...