Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

wallboard status and DND on phone status don't sink

0 Kudos

wallboard status and DND on phone status don't sink

Hi

there is an issue in wall board, if a user set DND(do not disturb) in their desk phone and soft phone it still shows that user is ready in wallboard which shows there is no connection between phone profile and queue profile.

because of this loop hole a user in call center can avoid answering calls while their status is ready in wallboard that a supervisor check it.

I suggest to connect queue agent status to phone status and when it is on DND show phone status there.

Also this loop hole cause creating thousand of missed calls in logs.

If you need more info you can contact me.

6 Comments
nickolash
Active Contributor

I've had the same issue before. It would be nice to show the status.  As a work around, I disabled DND on the devices themselves through the Admin portal.   That way the only way they can get out of not answering calls is to log out or pause in the queue. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi, we plan to introduce an automated sync feature later this year that will address this disconnect.

Nima233

Thank you Guys,

Till Goto teams work on it, May I know the work around, how you disable DND on phone through admin portal. I see the option that disable it for entire phones in the company and not just call center.?!

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Nima233 click here for help articles and a video on how to disable DND. 

Nima233

@KateG 

Thank you KateG,

I understand how to enable and disable DND, and I'm sure all users do as well. However, the issue is that some users are intentionally enabling DND on their phones even when the queue indicates they are ready, resulting in missed calls.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Nima233 Sorry for the misunderstanding. In your goto admin, you should be able to access it in either the device settings or from the account settings, phone section. You would not be able to disable the sofphone.