cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SBrown42
Active Contributor

Additional Features List

My Desktop Console has just updated to 1.7.0.97 and now has a list under the Devices for Remote Execution, Updates, Endpoint and Alerts.  At the bottom of the list is double arrow to collapse the list which works fine.  However, as soon as you start a session of click on the Device Group then the list expands again.  Can the system be changed so that the user has control over when the Feature list appears rather than automatically expanding it.  This causes some of the sessions we have open to disappear down the screen as we can be on multiple sessions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GoTo_Robi
GoTo Contributor

Re: Additional Features List

Hi @Boyd B. 

Thanks for the suggestion. The ability to open sessions (or multi-monitors) in new windows is on the roadmap. I don't have an ETA yet, but the newest DTC version (coming this week) has the underlying technology. Mobile Device Management (MDM) will open in a new window (for customers who has MDM add-on). The next step will be to utilize the new window concept for sessions and chat. The last step is to open remote multi-monitors in separate local windows.

I believe this is the feature you are looking for. I appreciate your patience.

Br,

Robi

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Boyd B.
Contributor

I endorse this suggestion. Working inside a browser window has its limitations. Perhaps you should consider allowing the remote desktop sessions to be opened in their own windows (like GoToAssist v4).

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @SBrown42 thanks for your input on the new update. We will pass this feedback on to the team. 

@Boyd B. thanks to you as well. Please note that you can open a new tab with the same window to suit your purpose, but we will let the team know that it could be easier to navigate. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Boyd B.
Contributor

Hi @KateG - thanks for the suggestion: "Please note that you can open a new tab with the same window to suit your purpose, "

That is true if you are using a browser to access GoTo Resolve, however, I prefer to use the Desktop Console, which still limits the space available for multiple remote control sessions.

GoTo_Robi
GoTo Contributor

Hi @Boyd B. 

Thanks for the suggestion. The ability to open sessions (or multi-monitors) in new windows is on the roadmap. I don't have an ETA yet, but the newest DTC version (coming this week) has the underlying technology. Mobile Device Management (MDM) will open in a new window (for customers who has MDM add-on). The next step will be to utilize the new window concept for sessions and chat. The last step is to open remote multi-monitors in separate local windows.

I believe this is the feature you are looking for. I appreciate your patience.

Br,

Robi

Boyd B.
Contributor

Good to hear that. Thanks.