Unattended Support Notification and two-factor authentication

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0 Kudos

First off, the GTA Unattended Support feature is an outstanding tool and my organization uses it to no end!

That being said, we support a large number of financial institutions and we are under increasing pressure to provide good logging and reporting to our customers about who is logging in using the Unattended feature, how long the session lasted, etc.

I know that by logging into the GTA website, I can pull a report that shows a complete history of Unattended sessions.  But, is there a way to generate an automated alert (via SMS or email) to our end users whenever one of their systems is accessed by Unattended Support?

Also, is there any way to allow for two-factor authentication when logging into a GTA account?  A method to send an authentication code via SMS would be ideal and it would be a great way to help secure access to a GTA account.

3 Comments
Robert Feemer
Active Contributor
pleasefix818.com
GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Daniel

We don't currently have any kind of automatic alert for Unattended Support usage, but it's an interesting idea. Two-factor authentication is something that has been discussed mainly for Unattended Support, but I can definitely raise it with the team in regards to the account login also.   
Daniel Bruss1
Thank you for your response, Glenn.

For us, the two-factor authentication would be nice but not an absolute must.

The automated alerts for Unattended Access would be huge. I guess in a perfect world, we would have the ability to specify an email recipient (or even multiple recipients) per Unattended node that we have configured. The reports that we can generate for Unattended sessions are excellent, but since we are the ones that pull the reports, an auditor could potentially question whether or not we altered the report prior to sending it to the customer. If an alert came directly from Citrix/GoToAssist to the customer, that would really get the auditors off our backs.

Thank you for taking this suggestion into consideration.

Regards,
Daniel