cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mentor1
New Contributor

How to open GoToAssist on Mac SONOMA

Does anyone have workable instructions on how a 'client' can open a GoToAssist V5 invitation on a Mac woth Sonoma OSX ??

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: How to open GoToAssist on Mac SONOMA

Hi @Mentor1, welcome to the GoTo Community. 

have you granted permission in the Mac Settings?

If that isn't the issue, can you explain a bit more about what is going on? Thanks. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Mentor1
New Contributor

HI KateG,

It's difficult for me to describe whats happening because until the client establishes the connection, I cannot see their screen.

Also, from that I'm told, the various System Preference dialogs on SONOMA are all a new design differing from previous OS's.  Our clients all say that they cannot find  GoToAssist (or similar) anywhere on a dialog that allows them to enable.

we do not have a Mac with Sonoma in our office - reason being all the difficulty other people are having, so we cannot step through it here within our office.

Mentor1
New Contributor

Surely, LogMeIn / GoToAssist must have a Mac with running Sonoma that they have run tests on.  They should easily be able to make screen-shots and post a help page.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Mentor1 if you need assistance with app permissions,  here's screenshots from my Mac on Sonoma: 

• To review app permissions—for example, if you later decide to give a denied app access to your Mac—choose Apple menu, then System Settings, 

NEWSSSS.png

•  then, click Privacy & Security 
  •  in the sidebar, then click Accessibility on the right. (You may need to scroll down.)

SecondPic.png

•  Turn permission on or off for any app in the list (please note this is my home computer. I do not have GoTo Assist installed on my home computer) 

Third.png

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Mentor1
New Contributor

Thanks Kate,

That's exactly what we've tried on 5 different Sonoma Macs over the recent 4 months.  Doesn't work.

We did however have one successful connection today.  It was the result of:

- moving the GoToAssist downloaded zip file onto the Msc desktop

- then running from there

Don't know yet if that was a reliable, repeatable solution or not.