cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCIJoe

Multiple issues with V5

Anyone else finding V5 to be a downgrade from V4? Here's a short list of issues we've had with V5. Looking for other solutions.

1. Much poorer multi-monitor support.
  2. The zoom controls are not as good.
  3. The detail is poor. Very difficult to see.
  4. I’m not able to use the F5 to refresh a window.
  5. The file transfer isn’t as easy to use.
3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Multiple issues with V5

Hi @RCIJoe, welcome to the community.

I would encourage you to take a look at GoTo Resolve https://www.goto.com/it-management/features 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
T1Jafo
Active Contributor

I have been using GotoAssist since early 2010, and it is has worked great.  However, I agree Version 5 does seem like a step down.  
Version 5 does have some advantages, but overall Version 4.8 does a better job in my opinion. 
   For example, if working after normal business hours doing windows update or similar, if you reboot an unattended machine, it does not always automictically allow you to log back in.  In this case you either  have to know the user's password, or reset it, then inform the user of their new password.  
This is not the case with Version 4. 
 Also with version 5, right now I am unable to see the user's mouse movements which is a big hindrance when the user is describing what they want to do, or how something is behaving.    

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @T1Jafo,

Returning to the login screen after rebooting the client is normal especially after a Windows update. With Unattended Windows computers there is an option to store the local credentials so you can easily sign back in, this is available in both v4 and v5. 

The customers mouse pointer should be visible in session, for the clients you have not been able to see it do they have anything else in common?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training