cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_Laz
Active Contributor

Preinstall GoToAssist on Macs

We preinstall the Remote Support app on all Mac devices we deploy. The issue we are having has nothing to do with granting Accessibility rights. The installer will be on the desktop, you launch it and the system asks if you want to open the app that was downloaded from the Internet. Upon clicking Yes, the alert window closes and the app does not proceed past that point. Even looking in the Activity Monitor for the process, shows nothing tied to the app.  Mind you, we are installing on devices right out of the box running OS X 14.4.

A good portion of our users are on Mac devices. If this cannot be corrected by LogMeIn soon, a new remote solution will need to be found. We are due to renew in June.

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Preinstall GoToAssist on Macs

Hi @J_Laz, welcome to the community.

It does not sound like you are setting up Unattended Support in advance, can you please provide more information about how exactly you are preinstalling GoToAssist?  

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
J_Laz
Active Contributor

When an end user is directed to go to fastsupport.com/xxxxxxxxx they are asked to install the client-side app. Because our users are not permitted to install or change any Privacy & Security settings, we preinstall and provide the necessary security settings within Accessibility so remote support is unhindered.

That is the app I am speaking of. My apology if I did not make that clear.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. The default app that downloads to when the client joins an attended session is not designed to stay on the computer permanently, so I suspect the one you are using is automatically removing itself. 

This support article explains how to install a modified version of the Unattended Support app: How to install and use the app. After you run the installer it will stay on the computer (until uninstalled), and add an icon to the tool bar which the user can click on and select Join a session, bypassing the need to go to fastsupport.com

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
J_Laz
Active Contributor

Can’t thank you enough for the assistance! I’ll share this with the rest of my team.