cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OrthoC
New Contributor

Remote unattended stopped working as of W10 2004!

Hello,

I have a bunch of computers that are Windows 10 Pro machines, and the majority of them have recently updated to build 2004 (needed for some of my other software).  

As of this update, all of the machines that are now running 2004, I can no longer see on my devices. When I get a user to create a manual session, I see that there is already an unattended running.  I tried uninstalling, and re-installing, but it seems to have made no difference.

Anybody else having this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
medwds
Active Contributor

Re: Remote unattended stopped working as of W10 2004!

Sorry, it had not been my intention to take the thread off-topic. Since this isn't a very active forum and it had been three weeks since your post, I thought I'd add to it rather than create a new one in case there was an overlap in our issues.

In terms of log files, when I run the .exe version of the unattended installer (downloaded from the console) on a client machine, it generates a file in the same directory called something like UnattendedUpdater.txt. For me, this was useful in determining that the installation hadn't actually been successful because a previous instance was running. Again, I'm not posting this to hijack the thread; rather, I'm hoping that if you also are seeing this error in the log, my suggestion for a "clean" install might help you.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
medwds
Active Contributor

I have customers on Windows 10 version 2004 with unattended support working as expected. On the other hand, now and again a customer will appear offline in the console, and having them restart Windows doesn't help. When I try to reinstall the unattended client, it fails with the log file saying it couldn't delete a folder. For want of a better method, I've been fixing this by terminating the processes, deleting the LogMeIn unattended folder from Program Files, then reinstalling the client. This is definitely a recent issue for me, but not limited to 2004.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@medwds  Sorry about that.

Have you been able to gather log files from an affected machine for Customer Support to examine in detail?  If there's a problem with the install we'd like to know what's happening there.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
medwds
Active Contributor

I'll be glad to do that once I know which files to provide and where they're located. Should I get in touch with Customer Support directly to find out?

OrthoC
New Contributor

So, I have north of 20 machines that all have the unattended version installed. All were working perfectly for the past few months. 1/2 of the machines have auto-updated to Windows 10 2004 Edition, and ALL of those now no longer show as online.  When I remote to them (by getting the user to manually start a session), I can see that the previous version is installed and running, but I no longer see it on the Console.  I try re-installing the unattended mode, and it fails to connect/establish, despite there being no error or warning (I do not know where a log file is for this app, since it isn't documented... frankly there is a lot missing about this feature that isn't well documented).  The machines that have not yet upgraded, are still connected and visible.

Side note: It would be so much nicer if the unattended client could be installed as an app that cannot be removed/uninstalled/stopped without a password, to prevent users from closing it without permission.

@medwds - Please dont hijack my thread if your not having the same issue, that is clearly W10 2004 related. Thank you.

medwds
Active Contributor

Sorry, it had not been my intention to take the thread off-topic. Since this isn't a very active forum and it had been three weeks since your post, I thought I'd add to it rather than create a new one in case there was an overlap in our issues.

In terms of log files, when I run the .exe version of the unattended installer (downloaded from the console) on a client machine, it generates a file in the same directory called something like UnattendedUpdater.txt. For me, this was useful in determining that the installation hadn't actually been successful because a previous instance was running. Again, I'm not posting this to hijack the thread; rather, I'm hoping that if you also are seeing this error in the log, my suggestion for a "clean" install might help you.

OrthoC
New Contributor

Ok, fair answer! 🙂

teure
Visitor

Thank you for sharing this.  I am currently going through this and have been pulling my hair out.