cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BraceSupport
Active Contributor

GoToAssist aka RescueAssist release 1610 - Huge failure

I hope the larger user community depending on a product to provide remote support has a better experience.

!!!  First and foremost given the experience only hours after 1610 is released, I stongly suggest that you ensure your account profile restricts this upgrade and you remain at 1599 until LogMeIn figures it out. 

Highlights -
1) After the GTA Expert and the Unattended device are updated, no connection works to a Unattended 1610.  AND there is no facility to revert the Unattended back to 1599.  I now am forced to visit the clients to "fix" the Unattended servers and manually revert to 1599. 

2)The new "RescueAssist" web console doesnt have any of my Unattended devices listed.  Whaaat?

3) The problem with initial connections to Unattended devices dropping remains -many are experiencing this issue since the acquistion of Citrix products, but LogMeIn cant seem to identify the issue.  Mostly because they're in denial that the issue is with them and not the "remote client firewall",  the "support PC",  the  "Internet connection" to local or remote device.

4) LogMeIn Management Problem - I have nothing positive to offer about LogMeIn management and having just reread the Community Guidelines I cannot share my views in a manner befitting the level of incompetance they display.  So let me say this ESAD.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GoToAssist aka RescueAssist release 1610 - Huge failure

Hi @BraceSupport

I apologize for this situation. I am trying to find out how your account was updated to this new build, it was my understanding that it was still being developed and was not being released yet. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Looks like I got skipped on one of the emails and missed that we were releasing this minor update this morning. I apologize for the lack of communication. This update allows your existing Remote Support Unattended computers to show up in and be connected to by the new RescueAssist console. 

@BraceSupport I have been told that there may have been some connection timeouts during the initial update cycle simply due to the number of computers updating and connecting to our servers, but that should be passed now. My account was set to Infrequent Updates so I have manually forced my Unattended computers to update and start a session, so far I have been successful. 

You should still be able to roll back to that last build 1599 through the Device Group Settings in your account, did something happen when you tried to do that?

BraceSupport
Active Contributor

You cant miss what was never sent....i.e. the email announcing the RescueAssist deployment/conversion/rebranding; I doubt anyone in the customer base received any announcement.

In response to your suggestion to roll-back via the Device Group Settings, I must request that you clarify the directions with what method I should access Device Group Settings; GTA Expert or RescueAssist?

By the way, after logging into RescusAssist at this time, the page goes "white" with no content.  So I'm hoping your reply to the above question is 'use GTA Expert' as the problems with RescueAssist are mounting. 

Did I mention that my session with LogMeIn support for nearly an hour earlier, before my first post today?
Lastly, that comment about dropping connections because of the number of computers upgrading...please!

BraceSupport
Active Contributor

GTA-RS Version Delta Capture.JPG

How was it that I should revert back to 1599 on an Unattended device???

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

• After you sign into your Remote Support account on the website, you can select Manage People and Devices from the menu in the upper right.
  • From the admin center, you can select Manage Device Groups 
  • Use the Settings option to set your groups of Unattended computers to Infrequent Updates and version 1599 

Rescue Assist will not show or connect to your existing Remote Support Unattended computers yet, the build update was the first step towards this, there will be an update to Rescue Assist in the next few days to enable it. You can continue to use the Remote Support desktop software to connect to your Unattended computer on either build 1599 or 1610. 

LRP
Active Contributor

Re: GoToAssist aka RescueAssist release 1610 - Huge failure (NOT)

Hi Glenn: I am a loyal user since 2007. Very satisfied with the product at this price point.

I would like to defend release 1610, since I have NOT had any issues with connecting to several of the computers in my unattended list, aside from the multiple attempts needed since release 1599. Since today is Sunday 10/14/2018, I will continue to test Release 1610 on my unattended computers, Windows 7 through 10, and macOS X 10.8 Mountain Lion through 10.14 Mojave.

Regards,

LRP