cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JTMauro
New Contributor

Goto Assist remote support screen lock on mouse movement

remote support screen just lock on mouse movement.  no click need, just move the mouse.  Only happening on a couple of computers..  Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CEIT-TI

Re: Goto Assist remote support screen lock on mouse movement

Not sure if this is still an issue, but for others having this issue, we found this to resolve our same issue with the mouse moving locking the remote session.

"Go to "secpol.msc - Local Policies - Security Options - User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account" and enable it."

-Jeff F. @ TI

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi JT,

Sorry for the loss of functionality there.

Are you saying that some of your unattended clients have the mouse locked so that you cannot control them remotely?

If so, have you checked on the affected devices for any security software that may detect / disapprove of screen sharing functions?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JTMauro
New Contributor

I remotely connect - 

If I move the mouse on the screen, the remote session locks. 

If I keep the mouse off the remote screen, I can manipulate it using the keyboard.

Only happens on 3 machines.  No anti-virus or anything special on remote computers that are not on other machines that are working from what I can see.

ADandS

This is happening to me on a new computer.

Not sure if this is a Windows 10 update security thing or something set in the policy editor or GoToAssist.

I setup a remote session with customer I can see their desktop if I move the mouse it moves for a very short second and then goes to lock screen asking for windows user password.

This is a brand new computer with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

The GotoAssist client is update as of 12/12/2017 and the GotoAssist Expert App on my computer is updated as of 12/12/2017.

I connected to other machines with the same client and app as we are using in the issue mentioned above without issues.

I also connected to another computer on the same network where the one with the issue resides without this problem.

Please help.

CEIT-TI

Not sure if this is still an issue, but for others having this issue, we found this to resolve our same issue with the mouse moving locking the remote session.

"Go to "secpol.msc - Local Policies - Security Options - User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account" and enable it."

-Jeff F. @ TI