cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkF18
Active Contributor

Problem with build 1599

hi. i'm having trouble with gotoassist since installing the latest build. if i'm not active in a remote session for about 5 minutes the session stops responding. i have to close the session, which seems to work ok. but after that i cannot start any new sessions. if i open the unattended window it never populates with my unattanded hosts. mousing over the icon in the notification area shows a tooltip says gotoassist 4.4 build 1599 - in session, even though there are no sessions active that i can see. if i right click and select exit the icon goes away, but when i restart it still doesn't work. i have found that, even after closing all windows and exiting from the icon, there are still 3 - 6 instances of gotoassist running in task manager. i have to play whackamole with them for a while, ending the tasks manually and having more start, until they're all gone. once i have ended all instances  i can restart gta and it works correctly. but as soon as i leave an active session alone for 5 minutes or so it stops responding and i have to do the whole thing over. i used to be able to leave a session open and untouched for hours, but now that isn't an option. this is making gta pretty much unusable for me. does anyone else see this behavior? any suggestions? 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkF18
Active Contributor

Re: Problem with build 1599

sorry for the delayed response. i did an uninstall & clean with revo and then reinstalled fresh and everything is working nicely again. no sessions dropping or other odd behavior. i don't know what happened, but it's fixed now with only minor effort. i'm good to go. thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @MarkF18,

Version 4.4 build 1599 has been out for a few weeks as an Infrequent build and was just upgraded to the beta releases last week, this is the first report of any issues that I have seen so far.  Some of what you are describing sounds like connection issues, when you open the Unattended computer list and nothing is displayed, are you able to manually refresh the list or does that not work either?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
MarkF18
Active Contributor

thanks for getting back to me. no, manual refresh doesn't help. i'm dead in the water until i manually kill all the instances in task manager.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Okay, thanks for confirming. You can switch back to the previous release but, first I'd would you mind grabbing the log files from your computer and uploading them for me? 

1. Download GoToLogFiles
  2. Run the file GoToLogFiles.exe
  3. Click Archive logs to ZIP
  4. Upload the  Zip file from your desktop to here

To change your account back to the previous release please:

1. Sign into your account on the website
  2. Select the Admin Center from the drop down menu on the right
  3. Select Manage Device Groups from the left navigation.
  4. Click the Settings icon  for your desired device group.
  5. In the "Build Version Updates" section, click Edit.
  6. Select the radio button for Infrequent Updates, then use the drop-down menu below to select your desired build.
  7. Click Save

MarkF18
Active Contributor

sorry for the delayed response. i did an uninstall & clean with revo and then reinstalled fresh and everything is working nicely again. no sessions dropping or other odd behavior. i don't know what happened, but it's fixed now with only minor effort. i'm good to go. thanks for your help.

Kaz111
Active Contributor

Where are the release notes located?  Thanks.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Kaz111,

Please subscribe to the News board for: Release Notes and Announcements

Kaz111
Active Contributor

Thanks!  Just subscribed.