cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkeaton
Contributor

Admin - Removing Contacts from the "Company" contacts in the app

Hello! Wondering if there is a way to do this.. I have multiple people and extensions  I want to omit from the company contact list that everyone see's in the app on the users end.

So far Ive tried "extension overview" and "People" - that has an option to omit from directory, but apparently these are not the same thing?  What directory and I omitting the user from?  Also  one of the users I want to omit doesn't have an extension.. I also searched the support page but that only gave me options to remove the user  like they were terminated.  Here is an example..

Connie works for a 3rd party, so normal users don't need to see her on the list, there is only an email for her, she doesn't have an extension. So on the end user  app it looks like this:

mkeaton_0-1701361510623.png

On the Admin side under "people " section > users I can find her but no options to remove her from the contacts.I also checked extension overview, she doesn't have an extension so that didn't work.

I want to remove others  that are desk phones no one sits at like our interpreter line. I basically want to ability to have some control over what the employees are seeing in the app, to clean it up and make it more user friendly without the bloat.

Possible?

TLDR: Are there any admin options to remove erroneous numbers from the company contacts everyone else sees in the app?

Thank you for any help in advance! And if this isn't a thing maybe someone ( @KateG  /wave!!) can move my post to the "Ideas" forum.

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Admin - Removing Contacts from the "Company" contacts in the app

Hi @mkeaton

The contacts that do not have an extension cannot be hidden currently. The other PBX contacts there is a newer setting called Omit from Directory, however I do think that is generally available just yet.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
mkeaton
Contributor

Interesting, So I checked the location of what your seeing and I do have those options.. however even with it toggled yes to omit them from directories they are still there.  Its omitting the extension number  (in this case there was one) so no one can dial it and leaves the shell still on the list for everyone to see.. To what purpose?

Pic - Showing this shouldn't be on the contact list

mkeaton_0-1701383035494.png

Below pic is showing it is still on the list  anyway. Just missing the extension. And obviously not omitted lol

mkeaton_1-1701383251783.png

Thanks for the reply @GlennD ,  possible to send this up to get fixed? Seems like a bug, If GoTo thinks this is working correctly then I would like to understand the logic  to leave an ext on the directories after specifically selecting it not to be. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

@mkeaton, I've checked and it is by design currently as they are users on the PBX. I'm sharing your feedback with the team and we may make this an Idea for a future update.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
mkeaton
Contributor

@GlennDThat is great! Hopefully I made a good case  😃

Thank you!