cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgibby
Active Contributor

Bug in text: Reassign phone number to a different Dial Plan has wrong extension.

If you have more than one dial plan, and you go to assign a phone number that is use on one dial plan to a different dial plan, it gives you this nice message: "Overwrite current assignment and assign to extension #xxxx".  If you look at what screen is behind it, you can see that I am trying to assign the phone number to extension #1000, which is what should be in "#xxxx", but instead it shows the extension I am removing the phone number from (#1002). Obviously the programming is backwards. It would be better if the text said: "Extension #1002 is already using this phone number. [  ] Remove phone number from extension #1002 and assign to #1000."

dialplan assign number confirmation bug Screenshot_20240506_130027.png

The confirmation checkbox dialog when you reassign a phone number that is already in use by a different dial plan has the wrong extension number in its text. See the attached screenshot. You can tell that the programming is just backwards for which extension number it is including in its prompt.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Bug in text: Reassign phone number to a different Dial Plan has wrong extension.

@dgibby  good to see you and thanks for this report.

This has been shared with the team, I will let you know if any other information is needed, but the screenshot and explanation provided help.  Thanks again. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Bug in text: Reassign phone number to a different Dial Plan has wrong extension.

@dgibby  good to see you and thanks for this report.

This has been shared with the team, I will let you know if any other information is needed, but the screenshot and explanation provided help.  Thanks again. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training