cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike7729
Active Contributor

Call Reports - Start Time vs. Answer Time

We are looking for a way to accurately determine the amount of time a caller spends on a call in freemium contact center.  In call reports, Does 'Start Time' on a call directed to a queue equal the time the call was received by the PBX? Does 'Answer Time' equal the time the call is picked up by an agent? We aren't seeing a difference between these two elements in our reports. Is there a way to determine the length of time an agent spends with a caller compared to the length of time the caller spends total in the PBX when using this version of contact center?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Call Reports - Start Time vs. Answer Time

Hi @Mike7729

Start time: Date and time the call was initiated or entered the queue

Answer Time: Date and time the call was answered by an agent 

Duration: Total time from when the call was answered to the end of the call.

I'm checking with the team for more information if there is a quick way to determine if there is a quick way to view the length of time an agent spends with a caller compared to the length of time the caller spends total in the PBX, I'm not certain if there is currently a field for that. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Mike7729

Start time: Date and time the call was initiated or entered the queue

Answer Time: Date and time the call was answered by an agent 

Duration: Total time from when the call was answered to the end of the call.

I'm checking with the team for more information if there is a quick way to determine if there is a quick way to view the length of time an agent spends with a caller compared to the length of time the caller spends total in the PBX, I'm not certain if there is currently a field for that. 

Mike7729
Active Contributor

Thanks Kate,

This is the paradigm I've been using when dealing with these fields. I appreciate the confirmation. Right now, we just do the math in excel.

Now that I have this information, it seems the approach in the report is correct. It is odd the difference between duration and subtracting answer time from end time seems to vary by almost half a second.

Next, we are trying to evaluate if callers just aren't spending time in the queue. We use a competing hosted PBX for the same function (having trouble teaching part of the community to use GoTo) and there is a difference showing that callers spend time in queue in that product. So we are vetting the process in GoTo to make sure that the queue is working as we expect.

Thank you for your quick and helpful response confirming our expectations! Would you suggest we take this up with GoTo support next to verify our configuration is adequate?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@Mike7729 I got a response from the team, the types of reports are included here. The wait time in the queue is part of the 'Complete' Contact Center reporting, which may give you the report you are looking for.