cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mike7729
Active Contributor

Freemium Contact Center - What is the difference between an agent present & agent available

Looking for clear understanding of present and available in freemium contact center. More specifically, if  agents are engaged on a call and not available, would this remove callers from the queue if Remove callers when queue has no agents is set to remove callers? It seems in Allow new callers into empty queue an agent can be not available (on a call) but still be present so that new callers would be allowed into the queue. How is Remove callers when queue has no agents designed to work? Are callers removed if agents are present and logged into the queue even though they are not available because they are on another call?

Here is the wording for reference-From Admin Portal:

Allow new callers into empty queue

This setting controls how new callers are handled when no agents are available in the queue.

Reject when no agents present

Remove callers when queue has no agents

This setting controls how existing callers are handled when no agents are available in the queue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Freemium Contact Center - What is the difference between an agent present & agent available

Hi @Mike7729 welcome to the GoTo Community. 

We appreciate your input here, this has been shared with the team. Please note improvements are coming to create a more cohesive experience around the GoTo Connect presence and Contact Center availability. 

Regarding your questions, our team gave the following input: 

• If all agents are Logged out of a given queue, then it's considered as "no agents" on the queue and would cause the system to evict callers from the queue (with the setting activated). The idea here is that the queue is completely unstaffed, so it doesn't make sense to allow callers on the queue.
  • The remove callers is controlled only by the logged in status on individual queues. If an agent is in any status other than logged-out they count since they could help if they change their status, i.e. we know they are present on contact center. So what you are observing is correct and working as intended.
    • Continuing to follow this logic, if an agent is on a call and even chooses DND, this would not remove callers from queue. The one agent on a call still "counts" so this is not a situation with "no agents."
  • And finally, no agents would be present in a scenario where agents are logged into GoTo Connect only, because they could be using GoTo for general business communication but not intending to do any contact center work on queues.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Freemium Contact Center - What is the difference between an agent present & agent available

Hi @Mike7729 welcome to the GoTo Community. 

We appreciate your input here, this has been shared with the team. Please note improvements are coming to create a more cohesive experience around the GoTo Connect presence and Contact Center availability. 

Regarding your questions, our team gave the following input: 

• If all agents are Logged out of a given queue, then it's considered as "no agents" on the queue and would cause the system to evict callers from the queue (with the setting activated). The idea here is that the queue is completely unstaffed, so it doesn't make sense to allow callers on the queue.
  • The remove callers is controlled only by the logged in status on individual queues. If an agent is in any status other than logged-out they count since they could help if they change their status, i.e. we know they are present on contact center. So what you are observing is correct and working as intended.
    • Continuing to follow this logic, if an agent is on a call and even chooses DND, this would not remove callers from queue. The one agent on a call still "counts" so this is not a situation with "no agents."
  • And finally, no agents would be present in a scenario where agents are logged into GoTo Connect only, because they could be using GoTo for general business communication but not intending to do any contact center work on queues.

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Mike7729
Active Contributor

Kate,

Thank you for this clarification. May I suggest that the language for these two headings be standardized to present instead of one using present and the ohter using available? 

The function that the tech team provided is what I expected. I’m trying to solve an issue differentiating time spent on call in queue with time spent speaking with an agent. This is what prompted the question. When I substract start tiime from end time and compare it to answer time substracted from end time, on a phone number that exclusively flows to a queue, we aren’t able to discern time spent in queue.

Since we aren’t getting a difference, I was concerned that I wasn’t interpreting the settiing correctly.

Thanks for your quick and helpful response!