cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxH
New Contributor

GoTo Not Fully loading when launched

Hello! 
I have some users  who was pushed a corrupted version of GoTo Connect that and they tried to update it since it prompted them to do so. The update failed as it said the user didn't have permission to edit the system folder.  Once the user closes the error message, the GoTo icon disappears and is replaced by a blank page icon. If you click on that icon, it gives the Windows error saying the shortcut is broken and asks to delete it. If you click yes, it throughs the same error saying the user doesnt have permission to edit the system folder (does this for admin as well).  I tried reinstalling the application but when it launches, it auto pulls the user creds and half loads.  It loads the top bar of GoTo like settings and user settings but nothing else and the GoTo logo just pulses like its loading.  I have tried uninstalling a GoTo with a 3rd party uninstaller and using the MSI instead of the EXE but nothing seems to work. It's like the corrupt version of GoTo is still installed somewhere. We tried to issue a uninstall command from Intune but no luck. We have seen that if a user hasn't updated the app, Intune was able uninstall it and I was able to reinstall the correct version with no issues and no stuck shortcut. Any ideas on how to fully uninstall GoTo to get rid of the shortcut and how to fix the loading loop? 

Thanks! 
Max 

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: GoTo Not Fully loading when launched

HI @MaxH welcome to the GoTo Community, 

Sorry to hear this! 

Would you be able to provide screenshots for the error? This will help us better understand the issue and investigate further. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
MaxH
New Contributor

MaxH_0-1721933527143.png

Shortcut error^

GoTo Connect loading screen loop 

MaxH_1-1721933709040.png

MaxH
New Contributor

@KateG 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Thanks @MaxH for the screenshots. It's difficult to tell what may be happening.  I've created a case for you and it has been escalated to our support team. Please be on the lookout for a follow up email. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training