cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munkel
Active Contributor

No longer able to quickly start a call from the Favorites list

Has anyone heard if they will be fixing the availability to call users from the "Favorites list"?  I always have this pulled up and used to just click a user name and dial, now it no longer works.

Thanks, 

Munkel 

6 REPLIES 6
munkel
Active Contributor

Re: Issues with latest version of GoTo for Desktop

Just playing around and I notice I can dial the user if I widen the app for internal users, for external numbers the app can be narrow and I can dial from the top.  

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @munkel, welcome to the community.

So previously you would have the GoTo App open to Contacts and then right-click someone in your Favorites list and select call? Currently, you have to left-click the person in your Favorites and then click the Call button. The right-click option is still available for contacts listed in Phone > Recent Activity 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
munkel
Active Contributor

So I normally dedicate only half of my screen to the GoTo app, that is where my problem is right now.  I used to be able to do as you said and right click and call anyone, now if I want to do that I have to give it more than half the screen.  

First picture shows the app open to half screen, left or right click on an internal contact, no option to call.

1.JPG

Second picture shows the app open to half screen, left click on an external contact, I have option to call, yellow circle area.

2.JPG

Third picture shows the app open to greater than half screen, left click on an internal contact, I have option to call on far right.

3.JPG

I think it would be nice for external or internal contacts to behave the same way, option to call visible at top without using more than half the screen.  1920X1080, 24" monitor.

Thanks, 

Munkel

munkel
Active Contributor

Now see what you are saying about using the Contacts section vs. the Phone section though, that may be my solution to call frequent people and only go to Phone if I need the dialer.  Thanks! 

munkel
Active Contributor

I just discovered that every time I receive a call it goes back to the phone section instead of contacts, then when I go to contacts I have to re-expand all my favorites so I can see who is on the phone before calling.  Would be nice to have the call option from phone and contacts....

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @munkel,

We appreciate the detailed feedback. After connecting with the team, I have found out that we are already considering an update that should be a better solution for your workflow. Currently, that update is not planned until sometime in the middle of this year. I will flow its progress and post updates when possible.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training