The new "rectangle" screen share feature is critical to all users with large monitors and is essential to make it out of "the Lab" soon and become a mainstream feature.
It has a few minor flaws that I see, as a heavy user. Please consider the following enhancement requests. if you do these, you will be better than zooms feature, which is already a steady feature.
1. Please remember where I put it last. It is a huge pain to keep moving it from the upper left of my wide monitor to the place I need it. Wherever I put it on my monitor, that should be the default position next time I choose to use it, until I choose to move it again.
2. Please make it easier to place the mouse on the "move" inner green section. it is very thin and quite aggravating at times to get my mouse to land "precisely" on that spot. Consider something much more user friendly like a well-defined box that is bigger than a pinhead that disappears after you use it, but appears again as you approach the green inner rim. anything is better than trying to play "precision mouse-tip bingo". Also, the outer box used to resize could also use an equivalent enhancement for the same reason. A little design fancy footwork goes a long way in making this feature loved by all large-screen users.
3. As I stretch and shrink the "rectangle" box, I would like to know the exact size of the box in pixels. and it would be nice if I could simply pick, from a menu, a bunch of standard sizes. like 1024x768 or even 4k. get it? cant I just say "this is the size I want" from a list of common size and bingo. do I have to stretch and guess every time? I know the size of the monitor I am projecting to. please make it easy for me to select my recipient's monitor size (I know their size because I ask them!)
Tell me what you think?
... View more
In the old gotomeeting client, there was a tool for pausing your screenshare. The participants would see your pausing screen without any indication that the screen was paused. This feature was unique to gotomeeting and was one of the only reason we stuck with gotomeeting. It's very disappointing to see that this was removed in the new goto client. Please add pausing back into the client.
... View more
I often have to join meetings using other meeting products so I am somewhat familiar with common features. Of course, GoToMeeting is my strong preference because of the rectangle sharing feature which makes it easy to switch between the many windows I share on my large, 4k screen. I often have to show Word requirements docs, Mockups, PDFs and various browser tabs which I drag into the rectangle.
You already have my +1 to remember the last rectangle size/location.
My suggestion is this:
Rather than me drag apps into the rectangle, I could place them around the each of my main screens.
1. Every time I share a window, add a side "tab" to your control panel to represent that window.
2. When I want to go back to a previously shared window, I just click the small tab that was created the first time that window was shared.
3. I suggest to show the app's icon in the tab and hovering would show the window title so I know I'm about to switch to the correct instance of PDF or Word etc.
Now I can see all windows AND quickly switch between the ones I am using in this meeting.
I may even pre-load these windows/tabs before attendees join the meeting.
Future - you can grow into this over time if proven popular:
1. Pre-define my favorites and make the available tabs as default meeting setting. If the referenced app is not running then disable that tab until it is running. (Or double-click or ctrl-click would launch that app)
2. Eventually have meeting profiles of defined tab groups for different types of meetings to share different types of windows.
... View more